Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday night lights

Tonight was Grandmas night. Lori has not been sleeping well  since Jacob her 4th month old has decided night is day and day is night so I offered to come over and take the three older girls - 5 1/2, 4 and 2 with me to spend the night at Karen's (I am housesitting when I am in Raleigh since they are in Japan) Emma and Lily love to come and while it is only a few miles from their house they get to pack back packs and they think  they are on a real adventure. Karen (who use to sell Discovery toys and has the most fun house because she has picture of her kids everywhere) has a warm and friendly house that the girls love....especially Kristin's room which a girly-girl room with bunk beds! They got to meet Kristin over Christmas so now they think she is Princess Diana. Anyway tonight I took the launch and invited Julia-who turned 2 last week-to come also. She packed her backpack just like the big girls and came along so excited. They all played so well until bedtime. Wow I thought this is great...fun and giving Lori a break. Julia does not talk much..just learning or so I thought.  So as usual I let them stay up late but about 9:30 we all went to bed.  Of course each of them wanted me to sleep beside them which normally I sleep in the middle but with three that still means one is not directly connected so we figured out that two would sleep regular way and Julia would sleep on the foot of the bed besides Gagi so that all three were touching me.  Worked fine for Emma and Lily and they feel right to sleep but Julia wanted no part of going to bed....so she talked and played until 11:45 when she crashed.  One would think they would all sleep late especially since a Saturday morning?  But oh no....6:00 am they were up and ready to go again.  Being a brave grandmother) I had offered to baby sit all FOUR of them (they brought the 4 month old over) while they went to a church function.  Other than Jacob having a major meltdown and at the same Julia fell down the steps and got a boo-boo on her cheek we made out fine.  God knew what he was doing when he only lets younger women have babies (I am not sure what planet some of these older women are thinking about )...I love being a Grandma because you can love them, hug on them, endure ONE sleepless night and then give them back.  Will I do this again?  You betcha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment