Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow reminds me of my childhood

Finally...it snowed and I got to see it!  Seems like every time it snows in Raleigh I am somewhere else and it is not snowing!  I was in Denver last week and saw a few snowflakes.  I have tried to figure out why I like snow so much.  I think it is because growing up in Virginia where it snowed alot (or at least it seemed to) we use to have so much fun.  Becasue we lived way out the in the country you really could not go anywhere when it snowed not to mention I lived on a road called Snakepath (honestly).  Ginger and I and all of my cousins who lived around us would take our slids and pans and anything else we could use and play until we were frozen.  It seemed to always snow in the night and so we would wake up to a winter wonderfland.  We had tons of trees and they were always so beautifully covered with snow.   I also remember when my Mom died we were sitting by the big picture window which she loved to sit and look out at the snow or flowers in the spring and it started to snow unexpectedly.  I remember we all said that is Mama sending us a message that she is okay.  Interesting, when my Dad died several years later it starting snowing at the burial service.  It was if he was also sending a message.   When it snows I always think that my Mom and Dad are sending me a message....all is okay and we are waiting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment