Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Decions, decisions..and patience

A rainy day at the beach gives me time to think and research.  I love researching topics of interest.  Now that I am semi-retired and can't travel much, I have time to read all those files and papers that I have stored up.  To me it is fun and doesn't feel like work because the mission of helping children has never been work to me but rather a passion.

While I am trying to decide what the next decade of my life will be and having to take the time to be reflective since I can't actively engage, I am reading books like ENCORE which give me food for thought.  Do I want to go off in some direction entirely new to me...like my interest in real estate?    Do I want to go in to some kind of sales....I always blow the top off of those what line of work should you do ..always comes out with sales and marketing at the top.  But what would I sell that I am passionate about?  One thing I do know it will not be in health care!

Would it be fun to give away money instead of always being the one asking for it...I know I could make better decisions than some I have seen over the year by well intentioned folks.  Or do I want to ride the waves of uncertainty and just let life happen.

I do know that whatever I do when all this is over I want to travel and spend time with my grandkids.  They grow up way too fast and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment