Saturday, March 9, 2013

Life certainly can throw us some curves.  I retired on January 31.  Plans in the works for years was to play golf and travel.  I did not anticipate that Scott would be terminally ill and that my life would center around being a caretaker.  I am not complaining...it is what it is.   When you get married it is for better or worse and in sickness and health.  I don't think we really think it about it that much on that exciting day but realize as time and years pass that those words take on a new meaning.

The time to think which I am not sure I had much of in recent years has given me pause to think about what is next after this transition.  I call it transition because it will also be a stage of my life not a permanent part of my life.

I also realize that I need to do something constructive.  Some of my immediate plans need to be put on hold and while I really want to coach, mentor and help other leaders across the country my travel is limited so rethinking what I can do to help without travel.

Watch for more blogging and other things coming down the pipe.  Need to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment