Monday, March 11, 2013

Tomorrow is my first grandchild's birthday.   I cannot believe it has been 10 years.  Her other grandma and I had our ears to the door as we anxiously awaited that tiny cry.  It had to be one of the most exciting days of my entire life.  I truly fell in love that day and have never had a single day that I have not thought of this sweet child who has brought me such joy.  I thought that I could never love like this again but realize that with each and every one of my special children comes new joy.  Until you become a grandma you never know this kind of love that overwhelms you.  Your days become so much better because just a thought of the grandkids brings a smile.

Now while little Emma turns 10 (actually one of my favorite ages)  I am looking forward to having some time with her this summer.  She has already told me that she wants to bring a friend to the beach.  They grow up too fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment